Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'll take him

I was thinking today about how people often say something along the lines of "it's nice to play with kids for a while, but I'm always glad to give them back to their parents at the end of the day." I've said it too in my past, but now I'd rather say something like this...
I'm glad that when my baby wakes me up in the mornings and I get him out of his crib he makes me the recipient of the biggest smile known to man.
I'm glad that sometimes he'll just lay on my lap and put his little hands on my face and "talk" to me.
I'm glad that I am the one privileged enough to witness all of his "firsts"
I'm glad that I'm the one who can calm him down when he's sad.
I'm glad every time one of his little dimples pops up.
I'm glad that in a crowded room his eyes follow me.
I'm glad that I'm the one who gets wet when he splashes in the tub.
I'm glad I get to hear him every time he laughs.
I'm glad that someone so perfect trusts me so entirely.

So ladies and gents, you can hold him and play with him as much as you want, but at the end of the day, he's mine (drool, poop, and all) ...and I'll take him!!!




2 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I would take him too! I can't wait to see you next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! He's looking more like Taylor. So cute and you are an awesome mom

    ReplyDelete