Thursday, December 8, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
We went over to our friends the Bishoffs on Halloween night. Here is Davin the giraffe and Kiley the duck. Kiley was actually kind of scared of Davin and started crying shortly after this picture was taken. Hehe.
Monday, October 24, 2011
- Davin can walk and does so for a little bit every day but mostly still chooses to crawl.
- He still LOVES balls and will chase them all over the house. In fact I think that's partly why he still crawls so much, just so he can chase after his balls and push them around.
- He also loves playing with his blocks. I love to watch the concentration on his face while he stacks them. The funny thing is that he rarely knocks them down on purpose. He's a builder, not a destroyer.
- He loves to go outside and will smile and laugh when we go out the door.
- He is doing much better with strangers. Even though he might act solemn and stare you down he won't generally get scared or cry.
- Davin has a few "tricks" but will usually only do them for me or Taylor, he's a stinker like that. He can wave bye bye and even says "buh buh" , blow kisses, give high fives, and we're working on having him hold up one finger when asked how old he is.
- He has started to jabber and makes the silliest sounds sometimes, I love it! The other day in the car he giggled and said "gobble, gobble" in his sleep, at least it sounded like gobble gobble.
- He's started scooting around on his belly when he's in his jammies.
- He got one of those pillow pet things for his birthday and he loves it! He hugs it, gives it kisses, and throws himself on top of it to cuddle with it.
- He still takes 2 naps a day (hallelujah!!) and is so f
unny at bed time. He used to have kind of a hard time getting to sleep and would cry for a few minutes, but now he basically will reach for his crib and will sometimes smile really big when we lay him down and give him his blankie.
- Unfortunately he goes through stages where he will wake up really early in the morning, between 6 and 6:30...sigh....
- He has 7 teeth. 4 on the top middle, and 3 on the bottom with another one ready to pop through any minute to make it the 4 middle.
- I don't even know what else to say, he is just perfect! (except for when he's not)
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- Applied to 6 schools
- Got 5 interview requests
- Went to 4 of the 5 interviews... SCO in Memphis, TN, RSO in San Antonio, TX, Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ, and Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR.
- Got accepted to all 4 schools!!!
Friday, September 23, 2011
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
I need to blog more simply because it's easier than writing and therefore the only place I'm really recording Davin's milestones. (terrible mother, aren't I) So before he grows up too fast, here's davin's latest update on his growing upness...
- Down (Right this very minute he is playing a game where he stands up and then falls on his bum and says "dow" or sometimes it sounds more like "daw")
- Giraffe (I swear he really says this! It usually sounds like "baffe" or "gaffe")
- He's lately started making the "muah" kissing noise and will imitate me when I give him kisses
- He actually has just started imitating us all the time, mostly with noises we make(including bodily function noises, if you know what I mean. If he hears them he will make the same noise with his mouth.) hehe
- He still loves books. One of his favorites right now is a farm animal book. So far he moos, baas, and woofs.
- The other day Taylor discovered Davin in his room on his old baby swing, sitting backwards and just swinging away.
- When he likes his food (and sometimes even when I just set him in his highchair) he will start saying “mmm mmm”
- He makes this funny little face by opening his mouth as wide as possible while still covering his teeth.
- He still loves to chase balls and will roll his body over them and then put his head on the ground with his bum in the air to look at the ball.
- Sometimes he just sticks his bum in the air and puts his head on the ground for no apparent reason.
- He drinks out of a straw, which for some reason was very exciting…
- He likes to dive headfirst off the couch and bed. (I think this means he trusts us enough to know we’ll catch him, or at least that we’ll try) This is me catching him at the last second while still snapping the picture.
· He has seven teeth (and they are sharp)
· He walks very well when we stand him up and hold out our arms, but doesn’t choose to walk when he could just crawl
· He has finally started waving! (But only when he feels like it)
· He had his first haircut. His hair is so blonde and thin you couldn’t tell how long it was.