Monday, August 27, 2012

More Things Oregon

A few thoughts about how things are different in Oregon...

*Pumping gas-all that's required now is to hand your card to the guy at the pump and say something fun like "filler up!" and then sit in your car, cozy and warm, while it's all taken care of.

*One way streets are EVERYWHERE! I seriously feel like I need to relearn how to drive, it's ridiculous.

*No sales tax!  Let me tell you about my excitement when I went to the dollar store, bought 5 things, and the total cost was 5 dollars!!!  Sweet!

*The town is small, but combine never having been here with all the one way roads and the multiple highways and ways out of town and it makes me miss the simple days of  the grid and getting on i-15 and driving until you reach your destination.  It was surely simple back then.  And to make matters more interesting, combine all that with a GPS that randomly decides to shut off and then won't turn back on...now that's excitement.

Now an unrelated thought... does anyone else have a hard time with those "identify the letters before you comment on this blog" thing? I got an email from my mom the other day saying she tried ten times to identify the letters so she could comment on my blog, but eventually gave up.  I'm just grateful it's not just my eyes getting worse.  Those robot automated comments they're trying to protect us from must be getting smarter...


1 comment:

  1. No sales tax and you don't have to pump your own gas? Now i really want to come visit ;) i hate the robot things too!

    ReplyDelete