Sunday, January 16, 2011

Apparently I've still got it

So I started working again this last week, which depending on the moment is either good or bad, I haven't quite decided yet. I guess in all reality it's really not so bad. Taylor gets to be home with Davin while I'm at work so he's in good hands and they get a lot of male bonding time in. But that is not the point of this post!

The following is one of those stories that reminds you that awkwardness truly is awesomeness. So I was at work yesterday just chugging along in my checkstand when this guy, most likely an SUU student, comes through my line. He made small talk and I didn't think much of it although it did seem like he was trying to flirt and the thought crossed my mind that perhaps I should flash my wedding ring at him. But he was gone as soon as he had arrived and that was that...or so I thought. A few minutes later he walks back in the door, assertively walks back up to my checkstand, and begins this lovely little spiel....
Guy--"So I just know that if I didn't come back in and say this I would regret it..."
My head--"What the?!?!"
Guy--"So I was just wondering if sometime when you weren't busy if you would want to..."
My head--"Oh my...seriously? What the crap am I supposed to do here?"
Guy--"..go to a movie or something with me?"
My mouth-- (while pointing at my ring and rather hastily bursting out) "Um, I'm married"
Guy--"Oh, I guess I should have checked that....ok bye." (And then rather hastily running out the door.)

I wish you could understand the awkwardness that I felt at that moment. And yes, those that know me know that my face had turned a lovely shade of red. But at least it gave me and my fellow employees a good laugh.

So, to all you singles out there let this be a lesson to you....Always, ALWAYS, do a ring check!

6 comments:

  1. So funny. If he didn't do a ring check he deserves to be embarrassed! But not fair for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh man... that's pretty funny shelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've definitely still got it! :) At least you can leave feelin good about yourself. . . I'm not so sure about the guy. Super funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HILARIOUS! i love the post title the most :) LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete